Friday, May 8, 2009

Gardening

Early this AM, I got out and weeded the corn. Don't they look nice in the raised beds Theron made? My future plans include planting some squash around the corn. I read that they will control the weeds to some extent.

The strawberries are coming along and I picked some, but the slugs are doing alot of damage. I tried putting some sawdust, which we did not have much of, around the plants today. I may have to try the other method of laying down boards and then capturing them, YUK!

Here are my cute little peas. I got the poles and string for them to run on put up yesterday.

We have a pair of cardinals that frequent our feeder in the back yard. It's really hard to get a good picture, but they seem to be getting more use to us going by the window now and I got this shot of the male waiting for a greedy squirrel to move on.










1 comment:

Meggan said...

Your garden looks really great! Happy Mother's Day!