Friday, June 11, 2010

Exploring Antarctica

Well, we've spent a good bit of time in Antarctica, but it has been fun. We read alot about penguins. Maybe we read too much. Hannah started having vivid dreams about clay penguins that came to life and she was taking care of them. She had to feed them krill and she had to have Skua birds around to eat the chicks that died, so they would not stink.

We have not had any special dishes, but we did read a book called MY PENGUIN OSBERT and in the back it has recipes for Southern Lights Punch and Penguin cookies so you can have a penguin party. We've thought about doing that. Maybe we will do that when we finish our school for the year, which will be in one week.

I really enjoyed learning about the land surrounding the South Pole. We also have begun our Right Start Math early and we recently got Rosetta Stone and Hannah and I using that program to learn Spanish.

Josiah was tested a while back for his speech and found that we had made no progress in the year that I've been working with him. Now I am taking him to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta for therapy. He is doing great and I am pleased so far with the therapists. Josiah seems to be more motivated, too, because he has someone outside of family that he's accountable to. I'm also learning by watching the therapist work with him how I can better help him at home.

The following is a slide show of how we spent our Friday evening after I weeded the garden.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Swim at Night

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Yes, I'm real excited about the bats, too. I've been hearing them in the box and Theron set up the video camera and actually got pictures of them using the night light feature. There were 3 or 4 at the time. Don't know how to post that on here or I would. I did finally see three fly out of the box tonight, but it was too fast for me to snap it. I'll keep watching.

No comments: