 |
| Hannah's ready |
On a beautiful sunny afternoon, we woke tennis rackets from their sleep, introduced them to some fresh out of the can yellow globes, them put them into the hands of some eager young apprentices. Armed with only a sweat band and solar-ray blocking opticals, we head to the green and begin to toss those fuzzy things in the air . . .
 |
| Coach TR (The Dad) |
and try to beat the fuzz off of 'em. We toss 'em high. We toss 'em low. Where they land nobody knows.
 |
| "Where is that ball?" |
But when that ball and racket meet, you could hear the cheers down the street!
 |
| "I see it!" |
Keep your eye on the ball and watch my style,
I think if you do, it will make you smile.
 |
| Josiah's lovin' it! |
 |
| Contact! |
 |
| "I got this one, too." |
Editor's note: I am so glad I took those tennis rackets out of hibernation. Theron and I have two rackets each plus another that Ed left us. So we have enough for everyone with one to spare. The kids did great for a first time. We did some practice with them, throwing the ball to them and letting them try to hit it. Hannah did some practice serving. Then, we tried a game of volley over the net. Theron and I got to get in some play/practice, too. And the kid are great ball chasers!
No comments:
Post a Comment