What could be so fascinating? Their gaze is held as she downs Ibuprofen and nurses a stubbed toe.
My curiosity won't let me wait another minute.
With camera in hand, I come closer and see that the window is open a bit at the bottom to allow for exchange of conversation, . . . but with whom?
"Oh, it's just a squirrel", I think. Yet to them, it seems an old friend. He even has a name. Is this why some refuse to eat the crust of their bread, so that I will put it on the railing to wait for a moment like this?
To see nature up close. Wild eyes looking at you. Studying each other. Fascinating creatures God has made. Looking at us in our house with windows. Taking what we offer without complaint.
Help me to see with fresh eyes, Lord, what you have for me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment