Saturday, May 5, 2012

GHEA 2012

Another great event! Not as crowded this year, but we saw alot of our friends, and heard some good speakers.
Friday, I spent most of my day in the Used Book Sale, as usual.
These are my Used Book Sale finds.

Financial Peace Jr., Spelling Power books, Design a Plate kit, Writing Strands 4 + 5, Five Finger Paragraph,
Jump Start Typing CD, State Sticker book, Penmanship books, bird stickers, flag stickers,
and planet stickers (those we can use now in our Astronomy Notebooks).

It's alot of work being a volunteer at the sale, but I actually enjoy it. I get to shop an hour earlier than non-volunteers and I get to choose one free workshop CD.
I also sale some of the things we aren't using anymore and that usually pays for the things I buy each year in the sale, plus some.

We use to just give the kids a certain amount of money to spend at the conference. This year we did things different. The kids have been earning money doing things around the house, so they could spend their own money. Josiah bought some things in the Used Book Sale, too. He was so excited.

Animal books, stickers, and a windbag
In the Vendor Hall, he bought an eagle pen made of wood.


After finding what I could in the Used Book Sale, I went to the Vendor Hall and purchased our MFW curriculum for next year - Exploration to the 1850s. As soon as I get home, I like to open up the box and see everything. Well, not just that. I like to touch it and smell it, and organize it. Is that weird?

Teacher's Manual and history books
Science books
Read Alouds and Bible Study
Music
After a full day Friday of shopping, working, listening to speakers, and the kids going to a children's program (oh, and eating and talking to friends), we come home, sleep, then go back again on Saturday. Josiah did the children's program again, while Hannah attended some workshops with us (her own choice). Then more shopping, eating, talking to friends. Can't wait for next year!

No comments: