Sunday, August 5, 2012

Eastern Fence Lizard

Thanks to my adventurous boy, I am learning more about nature up close than I ever thought I would. Actually, I thought I knew alot, but he is proving me wrong.
Today was one of those days. He discovered something that he was sure was a baby bearded dragon. One of those cute little things at the pet shop that he would love to have. Not so sure, we searched the internet and quickly found it's true identity.


Eastern Fence Lizard
It is most likely a female. Males have a blue underbelly. It will probably grow to around 4 inches. It is arboreal (likes to live in trees and bushes). For dinner, she likes crickets, grasshoppers, or gnats. They are non-agressive and make good pets, according to the website I read.

She was found in Lawrenceville and we brought her home to research. She seems very calm and does not mind Josiah holding her. Right now she is kept in a rather small container as our larger containers now house a bullfrog and tadpoles (seperately, of course). We will have to look for something larger for her.

No comments: