Saturday, August 1, 2009

Southeast Homeschool Expo


45. I am so thankful for the encouragement and new ideas

I come home with after a homeschool conference.

46. I'm extra thankful for the new shoes that my husband

got for me just before this expo, that helped with a

heel pain I was having.

. . .

Sorry, you'll have to wait for 48.

. . .

It's always fun and tiring going to an expo, and this one was no different.


Josiah was able to sit quietly during a workshop and color and draw.
We went to one on Lego robotics (something for Theron and the
kids) and one on math with the human calculator, Scott Flansburg (he
taught us some interesting things about numbers).



Josiah really liked this booth (Cochran Mill Nature Center).
We hung out there for a while looking at the alligator and snakes.


I told him that I had been to an alligator farm one time and held an alligator that was about the same size as the one in the cage. Scary, huh?



Hannah loved this workshop on making your own books. She's been trying to do this for some time. Today, we learned how we can create and bind our own books from Valerie Bendt.




Knight's Bookshop always has these cool science things. Today I got the kids some rubber sea urchins that were marked down.






They had fun tossing them and squishing them.












No comments: