Monday, September 14, 2009

Be Careful What You Say . . .

The same day we did our shopping and mini-date, Theron and I were joking about being tired from being sick and wondering who could take care of us. Hannah volunteered! By the end of the day, she had created a list of things that she and Josiah would do to take care of her feeble parents including making a stack of "breakfast in bed card" for us to use. Ha! Ha! It may actually happen some day.
Then later while we were out and talking about where we would go for a snack, Theron said "Well, if we go there, Josiah will want a Sprite." It made me think of the book, IF YOU GIVE A MOOSE A MUFFIN, so I said, "And if you give him a Sprite, he'll have to go to the bathroom, and after he goes to the bathroom, etc., etc,." When we arrived at the kids favorite place and asked Josiah what he wanted to drink, he adamently stated, "I don't want anything to drink."
"Why?" "Because I'll have to go to the bathroom!" Obviously he was listening, . . . this time.