We started school on Labor Day. In spite of the fact that we've had to make two doctor trips this week (Theron has pneumonia and a kidney stone among other things, and I have bronchitis), the kids are well and our school week has been pretty good. We've actually stayed on track. I guess this first week is light.
Erin at www.fullheart.blogspot.com - this is for you. My house has definitely not been clean this week. My mountain is not usually the laundry, but the kitchen. When I don't feel well, the dishes pile up and just in general, my kitchen counters "collect" things. It seems that everything wants to make it's home in the kitchen, whether it's a plastic dinosaur or a FCFE homeschool binder (WHAT! Oops). Actually those things are easy to put away. It's all those little things like receipts and medicines and "recyclable?' items that take more thinking. Hannah has been helping me by washing dishes that we don't put in the dishwasher. This has become a new chore for her this year, because she can do it without supervision now.
I should be picking up speed now that I'm taking the antibiotic and STEROIDS for the bronchitis. Theron is doing much better, too. He had been laid out on the couch in pain the first part of the week, but now is up and around more, although still at home, which is nice.
1 comment:
Awww.. I think being sick is a pretty good excuse ;-) I hope you guys feel better, that sounds awful!! Isn't it a blessing when the children get old enough to be able to effectively contribute, especially in those times?
Post a Comment