Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Proposal

Eleven years ago on October 9th, Theron proposed marriage.
Yesterday, he had a different proposal. . .
that we close the pool.
Well, I said "Yes."
It needed to be done. Usually we do this closer to Labor Day.
But this year, the constant rain kept us from the task.
First the pool had to be cleaned of any debri,
then certain chemicals added. . .

our pool vac
(named Nunu by Hannah when she was 6 months old)
taken out. . .

and the water drained below the jets.


Then comes the grueling task of putting on the winter cover.
It stretches over posts that unscrew up out of the concrete.


Sometimes it takes me and Theron working together
to get it.
I didn't get a picture of that. Sorry.



Finally it's done and it's sturdy enough for a baby elephant to stand on!
Dumbo hasn't paid us a visit, but Little Lady runs across it all the time.


On top of this, we also put a water resistant cover to keep rain out,
and then a leaf catcher to aid with getting the leaves off.
Glad it's done.
Now I won't have to empty the skimmer every day,
finding snakes, frogs, and turtles.






1 comment:

Muddled Mama said...

I think Theron's first proposal was a little more exciting. But there is something nice about putting things to bed.

Sherri