Some of you have asked about the beautiful loaf of bread I posted about. It was a Bread Becker recipe and yes I used a long loaf pan that they sell. The thing is, the first two slices came out really nice, but after that, . . . the inside crumbled and I couldn't get another whole slice. So what looked so good on the outside, did not hold up to expectations in the middle. It is hard to butter and make cinnamon toast when the bread doesn't stay together.
We ate it anyway, because it tasted good. I don't know how to remedy this problem. When my husband makes bread, it never falls apart in the middle. The only thing he said he does different is put a pyrex dish with water in the oven during proofing.
1 comment:
If I get serious about baking bread, I want to get that long loaf pan! Then, we could use the bread for sandwiches, etc. Was it expensive? I think last time I looked it was something like $40+.
Post a Comment