Friday, March 12, 2010

Officially 6!

March 12th, 2004 is a day I remember well. A bundle of joy came into my life and we named him Josiah. Daddy was proud and Hannah excited to be a big sister. Now, he is six years old and outgrowing me calling him my baby.

He woke this morning to his big present from Mom and Dad - Planet Heroes Headquarters. Even though he knew what is was (he was with me when I bought it, because I found it on sale at Big Lots and did not want to wait to buy it since it was such a good price there might not be any next time I came to the store), he acted quite happy to see it.


I put it together and he and Hannah enjoyed it for some time, before we had to head out to the store to get eggs to make the cake, and some other things.


We picked up a frozen pizza and topped it with turkey pepperoni for lunch. Then I started on the cake. Josiah had requested only one friend to come over for his birthday. He arrived and brought two of his sisters for Hannah to play with.


The kids had a great time playing while I finished the cake, allowing Josiah to help put the finishing touches on - Sprinkles! He chose to pile them in one spot in the middle of the cake
and put the number 6 candle right in the middle of that. Wow, I never would have thought of doing it that way. :-)

The cake was good, except for when you got a big bite of sprinkles. Ha! Ha!
Rain poured outside, but it did not dampen Josiah's fun.
Happy Birthday, Son!

2 comments:

Meggan said...

Happy Birthday Josiah! The cake looks great!

Marcy said...

Happy Birthday, Josiah! I would have never thought to put the sprinkles in the middle like that either, but when I saw that, I thought it was pretty, or that you couldn't get the candle to stand up otherwise. It looks like he had a great time!