SCONES
(I used a heart shaped cookie cutter)
1 T baking powder
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
6 T butter
1/2 to 3/4 cup buttermilk
lightly beaten egg
Mix dry ingredients. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles course cornmeal. Make a well in the center and pour in the buttermilk (start with 1/2 cup and add more if still too dry).
Dough should be a bit sticky. Don't over-mix! The secret to tender scones is a minimum of handling, both in the mixing and the shaping phases.Turn onto a floured surface and shape into a 6-8" round about 1.5 inches think. Cut with sharp biscuit or cookie cutters and place on ungreased baking sheet. Make sure the edges don't touch each other. Brush lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle top with a bit of sugar, if desired. Bake at 425 for 10 - 20 minutes, until brown on top.
( I had to double this recipe to get a dozen)
( I had to double this recipe to get a dozen)
SANTA FE SOUP
(We like to eat this with sour cream and shredded cheese, with corn tortilla chips on the side)
3 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
Combine all ingredients.
Heat thoroughly. Simmer 20 minutes or more.
1 comment:
I will attest to the deliciousness of both meals! Yummmm! and thank you so much for sharing the recipes!! :-)
Post a Comment