Monday, April 4, 2011

Counting Blessings



I've been reading Ann's blog for quite some time.
Now I'm reading her book.

an early Mother's Day present
Now, I understand the why. Why count One Thousand Gifts? Because God desires it. Because I need it.
It stirs a desire for more of God, less of me. I want to partake of Him everyday and count my blessings in this special way. To see a change in the way I see, more of Him and less of me. Count the gifts that He has given me. Rid myself of an unthankful, proud heart. Accept the gifts He gives and speak my thanks, pointing others to Him.

1. Families gathered lifting voices to the Father in praise


2. Dogwood blossoms lifting to the light.



3. Sweet memories of a young girl lifted on pew next to grandmother singing 'Love Lifted Me'.

4. The music making everything light.

God is Light. In Him there is no darkness.
I'm thankful for the ways He lifts my heart closer to His, closer to the Light.

No comments: