Paper guts with flaps!
Lift the flap on the stomach and you see the stomach wall.
Lift the flap on the small intestine and see the villi.
 |
| Colorful villi and stomach wall |
We recently completed our study of the digestive system, which included adding to our model skeletons. We started with the face . . . which was carefully colored.
 |
| Josiah hard at work |
 |
| Hannah adding hair to her model |
 |
| Her finished face |
 |
| His freaky face |
The face lifts to reveal salivary glands, teeth, and tongue which are the first step in digestion. Remember to chew your food well.
 |
| Getting a face lift |
Then there is the rest of the inner-workings including the food tube (esophagus), stomach, small intestine, liver, pancreas (hidden behind stomach), and large intestine, and exit point.
 |
| Hannah's model |
 |
| "I get my lungs next. I can't wait." |
 |
| "I'm just hanging out here." |
No comments:
Post a Comment