Saturday, February 25, 2012

Let's Review with Mr. Bones

Hey kids, it's time for a review. What have you learned about the human body this year?

Mr. Bones trying to look tough
You learned about the skeletal system! That's great! You put me together? You think I'm humerus (pun, intended)? When you first saw me, I looked like this?

Less than $2 from the Park Avenue Thrift (Mom's favorite place to shop)
That is just ghastly! Are you telling a fib-ula? Ha, Ha. Well let's move on. And don't be pulling my leg either.

Wow, that's some leg!
Now if you can't be serious, I am going to have to talk to someone else. Maybe Mr. Invisible over there will have a brain.

Mr. Invisible looks like he's open to talking
Finally, someone who has a brain. Mr. Invisible, it seems that you might have enough GUTS to play it straight with me. What, you want me to go head to head with you on GeoSafari? Maybe you're a little too brainy for me.

Is he intimidating to you?
I think I'll just try my hand, I mean feet, at dancing.

Dancing to 'Dem Bones'
Excuse me, I think I'll cut in here while Mr. Bones is dancing. This IS MY blog, right? I was really excited to find the things you see here at such great prices. Mr. Invisible came from the $1 Store years ago and he does open up so you can "dissect" him. The only thing that does not come out is his brain. And then, there's the GeoSafari card on the parts of the human body (also in a pack from the afore mentioned Thrift Store). We were able to use all of these items to do a fun review of our science studies.

Waving his arms

What? What? Aren't you watching me?

Mr. Bones, if you can't control yourself. I am going to have to put you in that nice plastic dome that you came with. It WILL keep the dust off of you.

No, no, I'm not ready to go in there just yet.


"What will I do next?"
Okay, but I can't have you disturbing the kids while they are doing their school work now, can I? And we learned more than just about the skeletal system. We learned about most of the body systems. Only one more to cover. . . the reproductive system.

Sounds interesting, but I can't help you with that one.

I know, but that's okay. I have some really good books to use. Maybe I'll share about those on a future blog.

No comments: