In January, I decided to try my hand at braiding a denim rug. I had some worn out jeans and khakis with holes and lots of "hand me down" thread. Theron is sure that I cut up some of his good pants, though ; o Most of my braiding was done while listening to the Bible with the family. By the end of the month I had finished.
 |
| My first rug |
 |
| Close up |
I enjoyed it so much, I couldn't wait to start another one. I did not want to cut up my husband's good pants : ) , so I went to the Outlet Thrift Store on Highway 29 and bought $2.00 of pants for 25 cents each. This was the beginning of February, so I thought . . . "I will make one rug every month."
 |
| The beginning of a second rug |
This rug got extra time, because I worked on it during martial arts practice and while at my mom's for a three day stay. It's done and February is not yet over.
 |
| Second rug |
While at my mom's, she gave me three bags full of pants that were going to be thrown out (She and Dad volunteer at the Clothes Been in Dallas, Georgia). I brought them home and washed them and started cutting and began yet another rug.
 |
| My Third Rug! |
It's fun doing these colors. You can almost see hearts swirling around it. It's going together quite fast, too! Every spare minute (while the kids are doing their workbooks, while waiting for the water to boil, before the kids get up, after the kids go to bed. . . I think this might be an obsession!) is spent at the "rug table".
The finished size of each rug is about 30" X 37". They make nice accent rugs. I wonder if I will be able to sell any of them. If I keep this up, I could have 24 rugs made by the end of the year. It would be good if my hobby were a profitable one.
1 comment:
Wow, those look really nice! I think people would buy them. For as little as you spend on materials and as much as you enjoy it, you could sell each one for $10-$20 depending on the size. They do look like swirling hearts. :-)
Post a Comment