Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Did you know . . .?

Okay, I feel a bit silly here, but I am going to risk it.
You probably already knew this about mechanical pencils, so just humor me while I share my newfound knowledge with the world.


Recently my daughter bought some of these type pencils at Kroger in the marked-down section. She has enjoyed using them for her school work and writing her books.
Today, she surprised me by taking off the eraser and emptying out the contents saying, "Look, Mom,
I found out where the lead comes from."


When I got over the shock of such an incredibly clever thing that had been hidden from me all these years - You know I wasn't born yesterday, but I always thought you had to buy those packages of extra leads. Sure I read instructions and labels, but maybe all of mine were given to me without packaging or labels. Well the secret is out now! - I explained to dear daughter that those were actually spares and showed her how to replace one.

I had to check out my "older" models just to see if maybe this was a new thing, but NO even my old ones have that feature. Who knew? Did you?


My kids thought I was crazy. I was so excited - snapping pictures for my blog and wondering how many other people did not know.


1 comment:

The Roses said...

I think I had a senior moment. Later on it came back to me. Oh yeah, you just keep clicking until the old lead comes out and the new lead falls into place. Duh, how could I have forgotten? Not sure if I ever thought about refilling it by taking off the eraser or not.
Maybe that will come back to me later, too.