Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Which One Would You Choose?

Our family has been researching Diabetic Alert Dogs. I was intrigued when I heard about it on a YouTube video that someone shared on Facebook.
These dogs actually can smell when a person's blood sugar is too high or too low and be trained to signal the owner. Well there is actually a lot of training to do, but the fantastic sense of "scents" is a God-given gift that dogs have. They just have to be trained to use it.
We've also been looking for a puppy to train. We think we found it in a litter of puppies that were rescued. They were a breed we weren't familiar with, so we researched Bichon/Boxer. Both breeds are low shedders and eager to please, and the Bichon is supposedly hypoallergenic (a plus). Of course, the ancestry is not that certain, as they only knew the breed of the mom (whom they said disappeared).


There were six healthy looking pups all wanting to be adopted - 2 tan and white males and 4 white and tan females. We wanted a female. We held them and watched them and narrowed it down to two.



Both were so sweet. It was a tough decision. Which one would you choose?
Find out on my next post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I guess?? Well, that just would not be fair would it.

Leah said...

Aww.. they're both really cute. I'm guessing the one on the right. It's so amazing how dogs can be trained to help people.