Monday, June 29, 2009

Acts of Kindness

What am I to think when . . .
the meal is done
and my young son
leaves the table
returns with a stool
that he pushes up to the sink.
He then begins to take the dishes
over
and rinse them one by one.
Of course, I grab my camera
to document this moment.
It may never happen again,
an unsolicited act
so sweet and dear
to a mother's heart.
A simple act of kindness. He then proceeds with his usual chore,
feed the dog,
which he had to be reminded of
else the dog go hungry.

It gets even better!
Son earned a gold coin
for his attitude of helpfullness,
which he could use to buy back
a toy that had been taken away
if he so wished.
He instead wanted to buy back
something for sister.
Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet thing to put in your log of memories.

Meggan said...

That is so sweet! It's amazing that one so young can be so proactive in serving! I bet he sees it from someone else he loves . . . Mommy or Daddy, maybe :-)