Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"It sounds like an eraser"

Today while the children were happily doing their schoolwork, I was putting away dishes and loading the dishwasher.
Josiah starts sniffing as if he has a runny nose, and says, "What does this sound like?"
I said, "It sounds like you have the sniffles."
To this, he replies, "It sounds like an eraser to me."
I think, Oh okey, I guess it could sound like an eraser rubbing against paper. What a creative mind!
Then the reality, "Mom, it IS an eraser . . . in my nose."
"What? You are kidding. You didn't put an eraser in your nose!"
Well the eraser on the pencil WAS loose and he HAD put it in his nose. I looked, but could not see it. He said he could feel it in there. I walked around the kitchen thinking I might have to go for yet another doctor visit . . . we've already been to the doctor on Monday to make sure Hannah did not have bronchitis or pneumonia.
I finally got a tissue and asked him to cover the other nostril and blow into the tissue . . . and out it came. I am so THANKFUL!

2 comments:

Erin said...

LOL! Gotta love boys! Glad it came out ;-)

Meggan said...

I'm glad it came out too! Oh, my goodness! Yeah, really didn't want to go to the hospital for that - huh?!