After 3 weekends of being impacted by IMPACT classes, we decided it was time to have a family fun Saturday! Theron got us Mountain Pass Memberships at Stone Mountain and we headed for the hills.
When we arrived we checked out the new 4-D movie which was very intense. Then after lunch, we all agreed to try the newest addition - Sky Hike.

It doesn't really look too bad and the people on it seem to be having fun. They put a harness on you and you are attached to a track above you, so you can't fall.

The line wasn't this long, so we did not have to wait 90 minutes.

Nor did we have to wait 60 minutes.

This is where our wait started. We also had to take off all loose articles and store them in a locker.

Hannah contemplating the heights. I asked if she was nervous. She said she was and I confessed the same. But, hey, we can do this! Look at all those other people doing it. I saw one lady back out after only one section. I thought, "That's good to know you can do that, but I think we'll make it around at least the first level."

We're moving forward. Only 30 minutes to go. Josiah is excited and shows no indication of being afraid. The first level is only 12 feet from the ground. That doesn't sound too bad.

I took all these pictures before I had to put my camera in the locker, so past this point it is left up to your imagination. The line inched forward to the place where we finally got geared up. Then we stood in another line. We were all ready. Hannah and I would go first, with Josiah and Theron behind us. When it was our turn, they hooked a rope to our harness and we climbed the stairs to the first level and waited some more. Hannah's rope was attached overhead and then mine and I helped guide her rope through the track to our first "Sky Hike" walk. There are two walks side by side, so she chose one and I took the other. I encouraged her along and we made it to the first platform. Whew! Alright! We did it! Theron and Josiah came shortly after. We waited for the next platform to clear, and as we stood there . . . someone spoke what we were all feeling, "This is scarier than I thought." Then another voice shakily said, "Yeah." I squatted down, both to speak face to face assurance and to calm my own shaking knees.
The kids and I knew we had had enough and had nothing to prove. Maybe we'll conquer our fear of heights another day. Theron, on the other hand, ventured on. . . one more walk, and then turned around to make sure we made it down safely. He did confess that the rope on the next walk was kind of shaky.
We decided to stick to the much tamer ropes course for now. The kids had a blast on this and went through several times.

The first time around Josiah did not want to do the zip line, but the second time he was all for it.
There Hannah goes!

Josiah did a bit of swinging. Oops, is that against the rules?

He sure likes to climb! Just not too high.

They did the rock climbing wall, too. Neither one went to the top, but they sure enjoyed going as high as they were comfortable.

Hannah acts like a pro! Yes, you can climb in a dress as long as you have the right attire underneath. Don't know how she climbs in those boots, though.
2 comments:
Josiah mentioned this morning about your fun day at Stone Mtn. We love going there so much! We all love the Sky Hike, too. Do you remember my post about it last year? Well, I was SUPER scared....but I made it all the way around!!!! It felt great and got "easier", or I became more confident. :-D
You should go for it!
Wow! Looks like so much fun! Great pictures.
Post a Comment