The best part was probably our read aloud, Treasures of the Snow by Patricia St. John. I remember seeing it on television years ago. I don't remember it having a Christian theme, but the book definitely does. The issues of salvation and forgiveness are dealt with in a way that kids can really understand. Mine get excited about me reading the next chapter.
Another thing my kids get excited about is helping in the kitchen, so I let Josiah assist with making potato soup tonight. It was not planned, it just sort of happened. I asked him to bring me some potatoes and afterwards he wanted to hand each one to me to peel and chop. Then he wanted to add them to the pot. Then he wanted to help with the stirring and adding other ingredients. He never left me and kept talking about how yummy it was going to be.
Hannah came in and I got her to wash the dishes that were in the sink while we cooked. She actually likes doing this, too. I like it when a plan comes together (not what happened this time, because I did not plan it), but I also like it when people just come along and offer to help.
I'm thankful for my little helpers, who are starting the year off right by being so helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment