As you can see in this fuzzy video (my camera does not do good on close-ups), Lucky is fast at catching crickets. He was always the one to swim away quickly, whenever we came close.
Yesterday, he slowed down and started looking like he was shedding his skin. The other frog had done this, so we weren't worried. But by evening, he was floating and lifeless. No more cheerful chirping sounds coming from the aquarium. I guess they only do this when there is more than one. I worried about breaking the news to Hannah, but she took it well.
I dug a hole and let Hannah do the actual burying (with rubber gloves on). She buried him and decorated the site with rocks, sticks, and flowers. How sweet.
I'm sad that he died so soon. We also had an African Dwarf frog die this week. We gave him the typical bathroom burial. That also made me sad. They both seemed to be doing so well. We had already replaced one while they were still under the pet store guarantee.
They are super hard to get pictures of, especially when you have red rocks.
1 comment:
Aaah... I am so sorry.
That is a touching burial site. It is decorated beautifully.
Blessings,
Leah
Post a Comment