Mrs. Green's Changing Colors
She appeared in the Spring, caught by young, but gentle hands.
What's that you say? She looks brown.
I guess she does.
She's quite a good climber.
But wait, . . . what's this? How did she do that? Now she is green!
Is it because she is so happy to be in the "bug hotel"?
"Are you talking about me?"
"Yes, this is a pretty cool place."
"I liked that cricket you gave me, too."
"Are you researching about me? Yes, I'm a green anole. Common in these parts. You can call me Mrs. Green. Can you believe that in some places, I'm sold in pet stores? I'm easy to care for and if you want me to stay longer, you might want to put some real leaves in here for me to hide under at night."
Note: There are two other posts with anoles in them. One on Sept. 22, 2010, titled Wordless Wednesday - Josiah's critters. The other is on my other blog http://www.journeyoftrust-lydia.blogspot.com/ on March 12, 2011, titled Surprise in a Book.
No comments:
Post a Comment