16. the song of the birds in the morning
17. sunshowers
18. Used Curriculum Sales
19. fears overcome (maybe my boy has softened my heart to the idea that not all snakes are bad)
| Ring neck snake, caught in a jar and not killed, later released |
That may not sound like a big deal to you, but in the past my opinion was that the only good snake is a dead one. I would quickly clobber them with a shovel or hoe, sending my son crying. I have a tender heart toward animals . . . and children. Therefore, I started to examine my evil ways. In the midst of learning to trust more, and abandon fear, while clearing leaf litter one day, I spied the familiar coiled . . . uhm, creature. Instead of doing my snake dance and screaming, I actually calmly asked Josiah to bring me a jar. He was so excited. With some help, we got our specimen into it's container. We observed it and researched it, finding it to be a harmless ring neck snake, which we released back into the yard. Another fear faced head on.
20. shade
21. berries from our own yard

No comments:
Post a Comment