Thursday, July 14, 2011

Building Blocks

We began our science today using these two books about the human body.

This book has lots of good hands on things to do.

Hannah gets alot out of the internet links.


I was excited about doing a model cell. This is how it turned out.

It has a cell membrane (baggie), cytoplasm (jello), and nucleus (grape).

Hannah's cell model

Josiah loves showing how his changes shape.

We learned how cells are the building blocks of all living things (hence the title of this post). I love learning about the human body. God is an amazing Creator.

Hannah is still finishing up her Handwriting Without Tears cursive book and doing very well. Almost done, and yes, no tears.

Hannah, the scribe

She even did some on her "wax" tablet.

Josiah is practicing his writing with a magnetic write-on, wipe-off board.


I think I'll be looking into how to deal with dyslexia soon. The youngest is still struggling with reversed numbers and letters.

We are also using English from the Roots Up again this year and I'm glad that Josiah is learning it, too. Last year, we did the Greek portion and this year, we are doing the Latin portion.

Unus is the Latin word for one and the Roman numeral one.

No comments: