Tuesday, July 16, 2013

February Not Forgotten

I've got a bit of catching up to do, since I haven't posted since January.
Why have I not posted in six months?
Well, I have two very good reasons.
1. I was having technical difficulty with downloading pictures.
(I could not bear to post without pics. It would just be so boring.)
2. We took in a foster boy, who kept us very, very busy.
(That alone would have been reason enough, I know.)

Instead of trying to squeeze all of those months into one entry, I am going to give a little more time to each month. So, beginning with February, here goes.

We had two big events in February.
#1 - Hannah turned 12! She is now almost as tall as me. Several of her friends enjoyed a sleepover at our house. One made the heart pillow you see in the picture. She has some really sweet friends. She still loves to read and write. She's working on her second book in the Lost and Found Pound Series. We should be able to get it published soon. She is enjoying reading the books in the Mandy Series.
She has two pairs of zebra finches that she cares for and a mouse named Jemima that loves to be held.





#2 - We took in a foster boy. For four months, we were a family of five with lots of appointments to keep and lots of adjustments to make. At 8 years old, he was bigger than Josiah and growing very fast. We tried to fill him up with God's Word and good teaching while he was here. He really enjoyed singing "God songs", as he calls them and getting together with our friends who have older boys. He is now back with his previous foster family, who wish to adopt him.
 
 

If you want to read more about it, you can go to my other blog -
www.journeyoftrust-lydia.blogspot.com

You can find it in the side bar, if the link doesn't work.





















No comments: