

Today, Hannah and Josiah and I hiked up Stone Mountain for the first time together. I had always enjoyed the walk myself and looked forward to the day I could take them. Josiah liked crawling into the shady places under the rocks. The kids never complained of being tired, although we did stop to rest quite often and take pictures.


This is a cute picture, but Josiah's squinting. We're almost to the top and the kids started doing the bear crawl.


We made it! What an accomplishment! The wind always feels so good at the top after a warming walk.

I'm happy to say that our trip up was without incident. I can't say the same for our trip down. We encountered 5 injuries on the downward trek. In spite of words of caution, Hannah fell twice and Josiah had one minor bump with a rock. The other two were people we passed. One the paramedics were helping, the other we saw and helped until the paramedics got there. Interesting, because the kids were watching a video in the car on the way that included the story of the good samaritan and I had felt prompted to bring the first aid kit along. My children only required a band aid, but the person we helped needed gauze and an ice pack, which I had! The boy should be fine, but their day at the mountain was over. I felt sad for them.
2 comments:
Must have been fun
Great job! We love Stone Mountain! Glad you were able to help the other person. Great lessons for our children to see.
Post a Comment