Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

I have this body pillow that I have used for years.
The only problem is that the pillowcase is worn out.
It has a rip up the side that cannot be mended any more.
And it is covered with "pills"or little knots.

I knew it would probably cost alot to replace,
so I thought I might try to make one myself.
Then, this thought came to me.
I went to the Thrift Store and found two
twin size fitted sheets that looked like new.
I got two so that I would have a spare.
I paid less than $2 for each one.
I brought the material (sheets) home,
washed them, cut them out to size,
and sewed it.
Here's the first one!


I'm so excited to have a nice crisp, new pillowcase
for only $2.


2 comments:

Meggan said...

It looks great! Way to be frugal!

Anonymous said...

You are one thrifty and wise woman. I am proud of you.