The kids enjoyed Josiah's big ball.
After all the running, Hannah sat and made a tiny, colorful bouquet under the interesting clouds.
I've never seen clouds like these. They were quite pretty to look at and intriguing.
We didn't know what to make of them. We just watched in amazement.
Maybe a weather person could explain what was happening here. But we didn't need anyone to explain what happened next. We just knew we had to get everything under the pavilion.
And FAST! It was one minute from sprinkle to pouring down rain.
It came down fast and furious and the wind blew it in on us and the young ones cried and wanted to go home. I don't blame them. It thundered and lighteninged (is that how you spell that?). The sky was dark and menacing, and when you tried to look in the direction from which the wind was blowing, all you saw was dark and the rain blew in your face. Some poor people were caught out on the trails and came hurrying in, soaking wet.
After waiting, it finally ended. The field was flooded.
But the sky was clear again, and we all went home to get dry clothes on and get in our nice, warm beds.
1 comment:
I think those clouds are called lenticular,and if they are they are generally formed over mountain regions. I have never seen anything like it in person only in a book. I bet the kids will never forget it!
Sherri
Post a Comment